Saturday, November 2, 2013

Why Are There So Many Different Interpretations to the Bible?

Why is the Bible hard to understand? Why are there many different ideas about God?

“The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.” 1st Corinthians 2:14, NIV.

This scripture teaches that you must have God’s Spirit to understand the things of God. The things of God are unnatural to us, they go against our logic. The things of God are unpopular to the man of the world, since “they are foolishness to him.” Foolish things seem juvenile, not thought out, or just plain stupid.

We are not equipped to understand the things of God. “Because they are spiritually discerned." We need God’s Spirit to show us. Instead, we take what small light we have and mix it with the ideological fog around us and come up with a wrong idea of God.

The world cannot understand the things of God such as:

• God is love.
• God would become a man.
• God would condemn sinners for their sin.
• God would die on the cross to pay for our sins.
• God gives man free will to choose Him.
• God waits for us to seek Him before He reveals himself to us.
• God gives free eternal life to those who receive Him.
• God rejects good works as terms of salvation and honors the act of faith in Jesus instead.
• God wants us to have a relationship with him instead of a religion.

To the worldly-minded these are foolish, but these are the truths God has chosen to reveal.

We can’t understand God without His help. We must be open to what He shows us of Himself. We must accept the things of God though they seem foolish and reject the world’s wisdom. We must come to God and agree to His terms.

Pray and ask God to reveal His truth to you, invite God into your life, and be open to His Spirit. Accept His plan of salvation.

I would rather be a fool for Jesus than wise for everybody else.


My Prayer for Understanding

Dear God, You are the All-Wise Lord of All, seen and unseen

I know You want to reveal Yourself to me with truth.
I confess I tried to conceive You on my own,
And build a concept of You out of cheap stuff.
My best ideas are far short of the Infinite You.
Forgive the idolatry and vain pride of my efforts.
My sin has quenched Your Spirit’s sweet voice in my heart.
Help me to cast away my lowly man made concepts.
Enter my life, and fill me with your Holy Spirit.
I pray that You reveal Yourself to me in pure truth.
Help me to be humble, help me to understand You.

Thank you, Father, for this new beginning with You



To learn more about how to understand God's plan for you click here to see my other blog.

(c) Adron 11/2/13