Thursday, December 17, 2009

Is There Hope When You Feel Abandoned? Psalms 27:10 NIV.

Often people hurt us. Some who hurt us should love us but hurt instead. Maybe our own family, loved ones, or even our parents are the ones who hurt us.

“Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.” Psalms 27:10 NIV.

THE LORD WILL
God is not a God of maybe, but the God of "I will." This verse from the Bible says that God will definitely receive us, the decision is made, there is no need to contemplate it, he has decided- he will receive you.

FORSAKE
We live in a world of imperfect people- in fact, sinful people. Though some people are bad we all are sinners. We all do wrong. "There is no one that does right, not even one."(Romans 3:10). We may be victims of many sad wrongs but we ourselves are guilty of committing wrongs.

GOD
Even though we are bent on doing wrong God still loves us. Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this that a man lay down his life for his friend"(John 15:13). God in the Son willingly gave his life to pay the punishment for our sins that have hurt others and the sins of those who hurt us. His resurrection shows we may be free us from sin’s power.

RECEIVE
This 'receive' is the picture of God with open arms ready to embrace. It is God inviting us to be His forever. It is God holding our hand in genuine affection.

Hope for the Abandoned
God’s love expressed in Jesus’ sacrifice for you can become the foundation for rebuilding damaged lives and souls. Jesus calls you to come to him. You cannot receive if you do not come, if we do not come to God then God can’t receive us.

When those around you do not find anything in you to love know that God loves you. When those who should treasure you reject you then know that God treasures you. When you feel like a rag that even the trash can rejects just remember God will receive you.

To learn more about how to know the love of God personally, see my other blog about salvation.

A Prayer for Healing

Loving Father, Thank you for loving me.
Thank you that Your love is so much greater than any other.
I admit my sins have kept me from knowing your love.
I know you sent Your Son to pay for my sins by his death on the cross.
Forgive my sins and rebellion.
I invite You into my life.
I receive you and Your love now today.
I trust You to be my Savior forever.
Fill me with your Spirit of love and healing.
Thank You Lord.

(c) Adron