|God Loves You|
"I cry to you, O Lord; I say, ‘You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.” Psalm 142:5.
The Old Testament describes the tribe of Levi as the priestly tribe who were to serve the temple. They were not given lands when the country was divided up since the Lord was their inheritance or portion. They did not till the soil, raise sheep, or harvest crops, but instead served at the temple. They had less of the world, but they had more of the Lord instead. It seems that there are many believers today who also have less of the world than neighbors and friends.
LESS IS MORE
Having less of the world's goods, and pleasures frees us to respond to The Lord. Some gifts of the spirit seem to require more of God’s presence in our lives or a deeper walk. The ministry of prayer and the ministry of compassion require us to be closer to Our Father in Heaven. The gift of prophecy (however you define it) also requires a holier life set apart from the world.
MORE OF GOD BY FAITH
We must look to God and claim Him as our portion. Pray and say, for example...
- "I do not have a nice car but thank you for the car I do have, I accept you, God, as the fulfillment of my wanting a nice car."
- When friends are boosting about vacations pray and tell God, (confessing jealousy if necessary), and accept Him as the vacation you don’t get.
- When you see people who seem happy, pray and accept God as your share of happiness.
- When faced with failures, pray and tell the Lord and then claim Him as your success.
- When you see people who have gadgets and devices that are cool and exciting, pray and say, "I do not have those cool things, but you, are my exciting thing, You are my good things."
- When you are discouraged or depressed say, "Father I give you my emotions. You are my happiness."
To learn more about how to have God in your life follow this link: Click here.
Use the buttons below to share this post. Thank You.