|God Loves You|
"At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, 'Who touched my clothes?'" Mark 5:30
"Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."Mark 5:34*.
This is from the story of the woman who had an incurable flow of blood. For twelve years, she spent her money on doctors who failed to heal her. Finding Jesus in the crowd she touches his cloak thinking just touching Jesus garment will transfer healing to her.
Having a flow of blood made her culturally unclean, an outcast, and if she was open about her condition she might have been stoned by the crowd. Her touch according to their views transferred uncleanness to whatever she touched, and touching a teacher would be a very bad thing.
In response to her touch, she is immediately healed. Jesus perceives the healing and asked the crowd who it was that touched him. She comes forward and tells all about the miracle. Then Jesus said those wonderful words. "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."
There are so many encouragements in this passage. Read the passage in your Bible, (see link below) and look for these encouragements:
- Jesus is accessible. When she pressed through the crowd she was able to touch him. So don't give up, keep trying to come. He is there waiting for you.
- Jesus knows. He knew the woman had been to him, he knew she touched him, he knew she was healed, and he knows your hurt.
- Miracles are rarely secret and when they are it is only for a time. We are given blessings to qualify us to testify to the glory of the God. He looked for her so she could testify.
- Faith in Jesus brought her healing, and faith in him can bring healing to us.
- Jesus wants to bring us peace. He blessed this woman with "Go in peace." He wants to say the same to us.
- He wanted her to be free on all levels, He said, "be freed from your suffering." It is freedom not only of the physical illness, but the emotional pain, and psychological, and even socially, since a flow of blood made one "unclean." socially.
- Jesus power is awesome. He could bring complete healing to one who had an illness for so long a time. No matter how long we have suffered he can bring peace and freedom.
- Her faith had action. She had to take the risk of being discovered as an unclean woman in a crowd, and of touching a teacher. Though she was trying to "get away with it" when the call came she came before him and fell down and told all that happened. My faith has to have action.
*To read the entire passage click here, Mark 5:27-34.
To learn more about coming to Jesus follow this link: Click Here.
* * * * *
Thank you for visiting and reading my blog. I sincerely hope this post is helpful and an encouragement.
For more like this see the most popular post in the left sidebar, or use the search box above.
Use the share buttons below to save and share this to your social networks.