Monday, November 5, 2012

Who Would Be the Perfect Choice for a Leader

What does the Bible say about the world's leaders? What would be the profile of the perfect leader?

"For to us a Child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Might God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time and on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this." Isaiah 9:6 7, NIV*.

This is a prophecy of Jesus as the Ruling Savior, but it speaks to us today not just for the future when he will be King.

These verses describe the perfect world ruler, he has everything; he is wise, mighty, enduring, peaceful, prosperous, just and righteous.

If Jesus will be the perfect world ruler what about Jesus as my ruler, is he my King? The prophecy quoted above starts with, "For us..." He is not the king of mythology, or of a distant future, or of a spiritual kingdom we must wait to partake of after we die- then it could not be "for us..." Many say, "Yes, Jesus is my king," if he is our king we must obey him and learn his commands and more. We must him see as our "Everything King." This is not too radical since the verses quoted describe a king who is everything the world needs, let's remember that Jesus is our Everything Savoir.

Jesus made some statements where He reveals he is the satisfaction of every need:
     * "I am the bread of life," John 6:35.
     * "I am the Resurrection," John 11:25.
     * "I am the good Shepherd," John 10:10."
     * "I am the way the truth and the life." John 14:6.
These are just a few.

We must put Jesus in our lives in our need places. We should say Jesus is the king of my job or Lord of my family, but the next step is to make Jesus the fulfillment of that need; to say Jesus is my job satisfaction, or Jesus is the rewarding family life.

One may say Jesus is the lord of the body and health but he is more; we need to learn to say, "Jesus, you are my good health; all the blessings I might have had in a healthy body, I find in you."

One may say I do not have a rewarding job but instead should say, "Jesus you are my rewarding job. The satisfaction I would find in my job I find in you.

One may say, "I wish I lived in a better house," but instead should say, "Jesus, you are my house, the joy I would have had in a lovely home I find in you."

Jesus will be the perfect king of the earth when he returns and he is the perfect king of each of us who choose him now.

To learn more about how to make Jesus your savior and king follow this link: Click Here.

* To read this verse in other translations click this link: Isaiah 9:6

(c)Adron Dozat