|God Loves You|
"But Thou, O, Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth." Psalms 86:15, KJV.
|It is wrong to think God is a Killjoy|
God doesn't just have a little compassion, grace, and mercy; he is full of compassion, grace, and mercy. All his actions and thoughts toward us are abounding with long-suffering and truth. His thoughts toward us are guided by grace and mercy. There is no place in him for caprice, falsehood, cruelty, evil, or any such thing.
* Compassion: He understands with empathy all we suffer and go through.
* Grace: He is always giving us air to breathe and forbears our daily sins against him.
* Long-suffering: He endures our rebellion against him and the injuries we do to others.
* Mercy: He offers salvation that is free since he did the work for us by dying on the cross to pay for our sins. Then gives us a new life in a relationship with Him. He gives us daily cleansing of our sins, (we are responsible to repent and to turn from our sins).
* Truth. He knows the truth about each one of us. He knows our disappointments, hurts, sorrows, losses, our bereavements, our wickedness, evil and our sin; yet being so full of compassion and mercy he offers salvation in Jesus.
GOD'S LOVE REVEALED
He fully expresses himself in sending Jesus, who was full of compassion for the suffering, gracious to the sorrowful sinners, patient with the foolish disciples, and was truth in the flesh for he said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life no one comes to the father except through me." John 14:6, NIV.
God is love and he wants us to know Him through His love for us. He gives us a free will and it entails the freedom to reject him and choose to believe a falsehood about ourselves, the world, and him. To receive his love is to receive Him and his heaven. Everything outside God's love is darkness and loneliness. Choose his love, choose Jesus.
If you want to know more about choosing God's love for your life follow this link: click here for my other blog.
* * * * *
Use the share buttons below to save and share this to your social networks.