Sunday, March 28, 2010

There is Always Tomorrow- or is There?

Did you ever think about God? What He is like, and what His purposes are, what about His Son, Jesus? Could he really have a pertinent message for me? These thoughts come, and we pass them by and promise to get back to God later.

“for he says, ‘in the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.’ I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.” 2 Corinthians 6:2, 3, NIV.

There seems to be a time that God sets aside to show us favor and salvation; a time comes when He gives blessings, is now such a time? The Bible urges us to respond to the timing of God and experience His favor and salvation. We must cooperate with God’s timing or forever forfeit.

We must live our lives in the present tense that "now is the day of salvation." Let’s not postpone salvation. The opportunities God gives today He gives today, and we may not have those opportunities tomorrow. Salvation is a gift that God offers to us that we must receive by faith. We could never be good enough to earn it or deserve it, but God offers it freely. God planned to redeem mankind from the curse of sin by sacrificing His Son to pay for our sins. So, God offers salvation through his Son to those "who receive him who believed in his name he gave the right to become the sons of God." (John 1:12, NIV).

Salvation is not just some fire insurance from hell. It is sharing the beautiful life of Jesus. He said. "I have come that they might have life and have it abundantly" (John 10:10, NIV). Why wait till some unsure foggy distant day? Why forfeit years of potential blessing to continue in what you currently have? There is no guarantee of the next moment. There is only now, and the opportunity to come to Jesus is here now.

Perhaps God has spoken to you and given you some light to live by. Maybe you heard a sermon on coming to Jesus or had some childhood teaching about the gospel. These are the seeds of light in your heart. Act before this light grows dim. If God is speaking to you now or has in the past, do not put Him off any longer. The Bible urges us to say. "today is the day of salvation," Today, receive Jesus as your Savior; come and follow him.

P.S. If you are ready, then tell God, say something like this: Dear God, I have sinned and put you off and ignored you. Forgive me. I am a sinner altogether and need your forgiveness. I know you sent your son Jesus to die on the cross to pay for my sins. I accept what you did for me, and I trust you to save me and give me eternal life. Thank you, Amen.


(c) Adron 3/28/10