Wednesday, October 28, 2009

An Example Of Finding Faith When In Trouble, Job 19:25

Job was the most troubled man of his generation or any other. Yet he makes the strongest statement of faith found anywhere.

“I know that my Redeemer lives and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. and after my skin has been destroyed yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes- I and not another, how my heart yearns within me!” Job 19:25. NIV.

BACKGROUND
Job lost everything he owned, next his children were killed and then he was afflicted with a horrible disease; yet Job makes this statement of incredible faith.

I KNOW
He says, “I know my Redeemer lives.” This know is to be certain, it was faith not in his head but his heart. In the deepest trial faith was his anchor. The issue of his sin was greater than loss and death; he looks beyond the earthly and sees God his Redeemer.

GOD'S NAME
Job's name for God was "My Redeemer.” A redeemer paid the price of your debt when you could not. Job was confident of redemption, we call it salvation. He wasn't looking or hoping for one- he had a redeemer.

REDEEMER
We need redemption from our lives and sins. Our sins have pawned us into a debt beyond all payment. Our Redeemer must be someone without sin of his own, or else he too would need a Redeemer. The only one who ever lived that sinless life was Jesus. Job looked forward in faith to the coming Redeemer who would pay for his sins. Job’s redeemer had not yet taken on flesh but was already in existence with the Father in heaven.

JOB'S REDEEMER
Job's Redeemer was triumphant and “in the end will stand on the earth.” Jesus paid for our sins on the cross and emerged from the tomb to stand triumphantly as Savior. Soon He will return to stand in triumphant over the kingdoms of man.

Job believed in a personal resurrection. He believed after his fleshly body decayed back into dust that again it will become flesh. He had faith that his spirit will be united to his flesh, with awareness and all senses.

No matter how deep your troubles look beyond them and seek the Lord who can redeem you from your sin and give abundant life today.

To learn more about how Jesus can be your redeemer see my other blog..

(c)Adron Dozat10/28/09