|God Loves You|
“For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God who calls you into his kingdom and glory.” 1 Thessalonians 2:11:12. NIV.
Something that is worthy is valuable, commendable, admirable, laudable, or praiseworthy.
IS GOD WORTHY
Consider God. He is our creator. He knows our thoughts and cares about our struggles. He is our provider who sustains us with food to eat, a shelter from the storm, and air to breathe. He loves us, even when we fail and betray Him He is still constant in His forgiveness. He is merciful and generous. He provided our salvation by coming to earth in the body as His Son and died in our place on the cross to pay for our sins so we may have salvation by faith in Him. He rose again to give us hope and power to live a new life. Besides eternal life through His son, He grants blessings beyond understanding; even adoption as a son and heir of heaven.
IS OUR LIVES WORTHY
But are the lives we live worthy of such a God?
- Does He approve our lifestyle?
- Is our image in the mirror worthy of God or does it declare addiction to sweets, slovenly attitudes, and laziness?
- Is the occupation of our free time worthy of God; do we spend too much time watching TV, and does the programming honor Him?
- Do we visit websites and read magazines that are vain or evil?
- Do we continue to practice sin knowing it offends our Lord?
- Do we give to the Father's work and is my giving an expression of devotion or drudgery?
- Do we give my time in serving Him?
- Are our words full of praise and thanks to Him or full of complaining?
- Do we ever read His Bible or Pray?
- Do our actions express our gratitude, and do our activities show that we are called by Him?
No one can ever completely live a life worthy of God, but the great shame is that few of us even try. He is worth our every effort. He is waiting to bless our attempt. May we take up the banner that He is worthy and hold it above our lives and live by that motto. May we measure every action by the standard that He is worthy of this deed. Let’s encourage ourselves and others also to live lives that honor God.
If you want to learn more about finding salvation through Christ follow this link: Click Here.
* * * * *
Use the share buttons below to save and share this to your social networks.