Thursday, December 27, 2012

How To Make Our Dreams Come True.

We all have dreams and desires. It would be wonderful if there was a way to ensure our dreams come true.

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19: 21. NIV*

This Bible verse really describes so us so well, for "many are the plans in a man's heart," we have a long list of "if onlys."

We say...
     * "If only I had money, I would do this thing."
     * Or "If only I had resources to do this or that it could help so many people."
     * Or "If only my business idea would work out so I could do this or that."

And we have lots of goals; we say things like...
     * This year I want to do this or that.
     * I will publish my novel.
     * I will get healthy.
     * I want to start an art gallery.
     * I hope to open a bread and breakfast inn.
     * I want to take some college courses.

BUT
Halfway through the verse, we have to put on the breaks because there is that all-powerful word, "But." It says, "Stop, put everything on hold, and look again; here is the real heart of the issue about your plans."

GOD
The Lord has a purpose for everything in our lives; it is a given, after all, that to say 'He is the Lord' is to say 'He is Sovereign, the ruler, and ultimately in charge.' We need many daily reminders of the powerful and freeing truth that He is the Lord. The Lord God is involved in our lives in a loving, compassionate, and wise way. He has a divine and holy purpose for my day, week, and life. I need to make sure my plans are in harmony with his purpose; otherwise, I am wasting my life and missing his blessings for me.

It is comforting that "the Lord's purpose prevails," for his plans for me are going to be better than anything I can dream up anyway.

We must make sure our plans are:
     * In keeping with His will.
     * Prayerfully developed.
     * Free from sinful motivations.
     * Honoring Him.
     * Going to bring us closer to God.
    Our plans may go in all kinds of directions, but God's purpose is spoken in singular terms in this verse. He has a purpose for each of us and all humanity; it is that we may know him and the one (Jesus) who He sent. John 17:3

    *To read this verse in other translations, follow this link: Online Parallel Bible.

     To learn more about fulfilling God's plan for your life, then follow this link: Click Here.

    (c) Adron Dozat 12/27/12