Sunday, May 6, 2012

What is God's Plan For Me Like? Psalm 40:5

We wonder what God is doing in our lives and ask what His purposes are for us.

"Many, O Lord My God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them they would be too many to declare." Psalm 40:5. NIV

MANY
Many are a number beyond definition.  Not just a few, some, a hundred, or a thousand, but more and beyond God, who created millions of stars and galaxies, can easily carry out countless blessings in your life.

THE LORD MY GOD
The source of our blessing is the "Lord my God."  He is not only the Sovereign and ruler of everything (Lord) but also the all-powerful creator (God).  That He is the source of blessing is awesome.  To Him, we are not featureless, nameless faces among the billions on this planet which is among billions of stars; He has planned wonders or miracles for every one of us.

ALLEGIANCE
David, who wrote this verse, had a committed allegiance to God; he really made the Lord his God. It is like he says, "You are MY king, I vow to love, obey and serve you." This is the response God is looking for. Your attitude should be, "The Lord is MY God."

God has plans for you and a detailed agenda. When we plan a party or event, there can be hundreds of details, but that does not compare to the planning God put into your life or even just this one day. Every day God has a purpose for us, perhaps many. These plans are ultimately loving and good because He is loving and good.

TOO MANY
This verse begins with many and ends with "too many to declare," but that does not mean you should not try. We should often "Declare" to friends and others the blessings the Lord has given us. You should "Declare" that the "Lord is my God," and he does wonders.

BLESSINGS
Learn to see the events in your life as guided by His fantastic plan and count your blessings, not our woes. How few of us spend time thinking and recalling the blessings and wonders he has already bestowed on us. If we did, we would be intolerably ecstatic to all our friends!
Many Are God's Blessings To Me.

Visit my other blog to learn more about the blessing of salvation; follow this link: click here


A Prayer:
Holy God, Creator of all things and ruler of Galaxies.
I confess I have not considered how truly you have blessed me.
I admit I have been self-absorbed and problems focused.
Forgive my nearsightedness and blindness to your goodness.
I thank you that you have given me blessings beyond counting,
And you have done for me good beyond understanding.
Help me to recognize your plans for good for me.
Help me to cooperate with you good purpose for me.
As I learn the depths of blessing you have showered on me learn how to be a blessing to those you want to bless through me. Thank you for all the wonders and blessings you have given me, and thank you for the blessings you have for my future.


(c)Adron Dozat 5/6/12