|God Loves You|
“Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the Harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matthew 9: 37, 38.
We believe in prayer, but we do little real prayer! When we pray it is rambling and full of shallow platitudes. Our prayers are often about my problems, my needs, and my wants. We neglect Jesus’ clear instruction to pray for the “Lord of the Harvest to send out workers.” A teaching The Bible emphasizes by repeating it three times, (the other two being in Luke 10:2 and John 4:35).
It is simple, important and urgent that we must pray for workers to be sent. Most of the work done in most churches is performed by 10% of the members.
* Walk around your neighborhood and pray as you walk, and ask the Lord to send workers to each street.
* Pray over a map of your community, and ask the Lord to send workers.
* Use the phone book and pray over each name and ask the Lord to send workers to each family.
* As you pass a church stop for a few minutes and pray the Lord to send workers to that church.
* Meet with others and pray for the workers you know that the Lord would add to their number.
* Put a reminder note up to pray daily for the Lord to send workers.
It is a privilege to know some who are laboring for the Lord, and an honor to pray for them. It is a privilege we will only have for a time here. We must pray for our missionaries and pastors and others who labor. Make it a daily practice to pray for them.
Prayer is work! It is a battle and once we pray we are the target of the enemy more than ever. But we have the threefold command of Jesus to pray for the Lord to send workers so let’s resolve to overcome obstacles and objections and pray, pray, pray!
Use the share buttons below to save and share this to your social networks.